Shelter Bay Rules and Regulations — Part II
Chapter 10 Communications
- 10.020 Communication policy
- 10.030 Communication methods
- 10.040 Management of communications
- 10.050 Community Surveys
The purpose of this chapter is to present the communications’ policy of the board as it applies to the dissemination of community information. (Res. 05-01 am, 1/19/05)
Providing members with current, accurate and relevant community information will encourage a healthy environment, will encourage community involvement and cooperation, will foster good community relations, and will enable the community to achieve its goals. (Res. 05-01 am, 1/19/05)
Several official methods shall be used to provide the community members with current, accurate and relevant community information. These methods are the web site, bulletin board and newsletter.
- A community web site will be provided for community information. The web site will contain board and committee meeting notices, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, newsletters, and other documents of the community which, due to their general applicability, will facilitate the communications goals. It is the goal that the web site contain the forms, applications and guidelines that community members require in order to conduct business with the community.
- A monthly newsletter will be mailed to each member, unless the member opts, in writing, for an alternate delivery. The newsletter will contain a summary of board actions and other pertinent notices of community interest.
- A community bulletin board will be located at the business office. Board and committee meeting notices, meeting agenda, and other community interest items will be posted as required.
- A reader board and a notice box will be located at the front gate to provide community information.
As it is defined in this chapter, communications will be managed by individual committees as assigned by the board. The manager will have full access to the communications methods for matters of importance to the community. (Res. 05-01 am, 1/19/05)
Community surveys may be conducted for the purpose of gathering information that will help the Board, Committees and/or Manager make decisions for the greater good of the community. Surveys may be initiated by the: 1) Board of Directors, 2) Committees and/or 3) Manager. Special interest groups are not allowed to conduct surveys in or on behalf of the community.
The Board of Directors shall approve the focus of the survey and its final form. The survey’s purpose must be clearly stated with the content and questions presented in an appropriate manner to yield the best data results.
Surveys may be conducted using any combination of: Shelter Bay website, Shelter Bay newsletter, e-mail, regular mail, personal interviews or by distribution at the gate. (Res. 09-17, 5/20/09)